Patrol Officer – Shelby Township
Shelby Township is creating an eligibility list for the position of Patrol Officer. Applicant’s should schedule testing at http://www.empco.net/ and apply for ‘Law Enforcement Police Officer’ with Shelby Township. There may be a fee for the exam; results of testing will be accepted by all participating police departments in MI. You must apply and pass the test by 07/31/2017 to be eligible in Shelby Township. Qualified applicants who meet the minimum requirement will be contacted by the Township to complete an employment application and to schedule further screening after 08/01/2017.
Qualified applicants will be asked provide proof of the following when submitting the employment application:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of application. (Provide a copy of birth certificate and social security card)
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver license to operate a vehicle in the State of Michigan, demonstrate a good driving record, and meet the driving record requirements of the Shelby Township Police & Fire Civil Service Commission. Must have a State of MI driver’s license prior to beginning employment. (Provide a copy of valid Driver’s License)
- Must not have been convicted of a violation of criminal law. (Criminal law generally includes all offenses except traffic law, conservation law and liquor law).
- Education and Training - Must have either:
- At least 60 credit hours toward a college degree;
- Two (2) years of policing experience with a law enforcement agency;
- Two (2) years of military experience with honorable discharge in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Police & Fire Civil Service Commission.
Waiver of the educational requirement is at the discretion of the Commission. (Provide a copy of diploma or transcripts or Military discharge paperwork)
- Unless you are currently an active sworn employee of another agency you must present a passing, current M.C.O.L.E.S. written and physical test results at the time of application, and maintain certificates throughout the term of the eligibility list. (Provide a copy of current, passing M.C.O.L.E.S. Written and Physical Test Results). Salary: $41,127.21 - $68,545.28