The Shelby Township Clerk's Office is a certified Passport Acceptance Facility for the
U.S. Department of State / Bureau of Consular Affairs.
DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION
• Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. No appointments are necessary.
• For most elections, passport processing is suspended prior to an election and resumes the following
a week after an election takes place. Updates will be posted at the top of this web page.
PASSPORT RENEWALS BY MAIL (Form DS-82)
• No Facility Execution Processing Fee required.
• Renewal by mail is available if a passport is expired or will expire soon; was valid for 10 years, and issued
less than 15 years ago. ADDITIONAL eligibility criteria must also be met, see Renew a Passport by Mail.
For current processing times for regular and expedite service, see Processing Time.
The following items are needed when applying for a passport in person at the Clerk’s Office:
The applicant must be present at the time of application at the Clerk’s Office. For parental permission for minors,
see Children Under 16 and Applicants Age 16 and 17.
• APPLICATION (Form DS-11)
- A completed passport application form, see Passport Forms.
- The application must be signed in person at the Clerk’s Office and must be completed in black ink with
no correction tape or liquid used anywhere on the application.
• PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND PHOTO IDENTITY
- For a complete list of items needed to prove U.S. citizenship for the applicant, see Citizenship Evidence.
- For photo identity requirements for the applicant and/or parents, see Identification.
• MOST RECENT PASSPORT BOOK AND/OR PASSPORT CARD IF AVAILABLE
• PHOTO TAKEN WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS
The Clerk’s Office offers photo service for a fee of $10. Photographs obtained through other means must meet the U.S. Department of State’s requirements. For a list of photo requirements, see Photos.
• FEES (Regular and Expedite Service)
For a complete list of regular and expedite fees, see Passport Fees. Acceptable methods of payments for
- Application Fee - paid by personal check (no starter checks), certified check, or money order made
payable to the U.S. Department of State. C A S H I S N O T A C C E P T E D!
- Facility Execution Processing Fee and/or Photo Fee - paid by personal check (no starter checks), certified
check, or money order made payable to Shelby Township. Additional forms of payment accepted for the
Facility Execution Processing Fee and/or Photo Fee are: cash, debit or credit card; however, a transaction
fee will be charged for debit or credit card payments.
DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE LIST DOES NOT NECESSARILY INCLUDE ALL THE CRITERIA REQUIRED TO APPLY
FOR A U.S. PASSPORT FOR CERTAIN UNIQUE CONDITIONS. FOR MORE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, SEE
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PASSPORT. IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK’S OFFICE