The Shelby Township Clerk's Office is a certified Passport Acceptance Facility for the
U.S. Department of State / Bureau of Consular Affairs.
DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION
• Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. No appointments necessary.
• For most elections, passport processing is suspended prior to an election and resumes the following
week after an election takes place. Updates will be posted at the top of this web page.
PASSPORT RENEWALS BY MAIL (Form DS-82)
• No Facility Execution Processing Fee required.
• Renewal by mail is available if a passport is expired or will expire soon; was valid for 10 years; and issued
less than 15 years ago. ADDITIONAL eligibility criteria must also be met, see Renew a Passport by Mail.
For current processing times for regular and expedite service, see Processing Time.
The following items are needed when applying for a passport in person at the Clerk’s Office:
Applicant must be present at time of application at the Clerk’s Office. For parental permission for minors,
see Children Under 16 and Applicants Age 16 and 17.
• APPLICATION (Form DS-11)
- A completed passport application form, see Passport Forms.
- The application must be signed in person at the Clerk’s Office and must be completed in black ink with
no correction tape or liquid used anywhere on the application.
• PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND PHOTO IDENTITY
- For a complete list of items needed to prove U.S. citizenship for the applicant, see Citizenship Evidence.
- For photo identity requirements for the applicant and/or parents, see Identification.
• MOST RECENT PASSPORT BOOK AND/OR PASSPORT CARD IF AVAILABLE
• PHOTO TAKEN WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS
The Clerk’s Office offers photo service for a fee of $10. Photographs obtained through other means must
meet the U.S. Department of State’s requirements. For a list of photo requirements, see Photos.
• FEES (Regular and Expedite Service)
For a complete list of regular and expedite fees, see Passport Fees. Acceptable methods of payments for
- Application Fee - paid by personal check (no starter checks), certified check, or money order made
payable to U.S. Department of State. C A S H I S N O T A C C E P T E D !
- Facility Execution Processing Fee and/or Photo Fee - paid by personal check (no starter checks), certified
check, or money order made payable to Shelby Township. Additional forms of payment accepted for the
Facility Execution Processing Fee and/or Photo Fee are: cash, debit or credit card; however, a transaction
fee will be charged fordebit or credit card payments.
DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE LIST DOES NOT NECESSARILY INCLUDE ALL THE CRITERIA REQUIRED TO APPLY
FOR A U.S. PASSPORTFOR CERTAIN UNIQUE CONDITIONS. FOR MORE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, SEE
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PASSPORT. IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK’S OFFICE